In present condition the collection of authentic Dashmool is very difficult, so
adulteration of part used . Many pharmacy of Ayurveda used stem bark of Brihatpanchmool plant in absence of root. On other hand the cultivation of Laghupanchmool are very less. Keeping all these facts in mind present dissertation work is a humble attempt to find out easily and abundantly available substitute of Shaliparni . Analytical study of Shaliparni (Desmodium gangeticum DC) root and leaves was done.In vitro evaluation of anti-bacterial activity of Shaliparni (Desmodium gangeticum Dc) leaves and root alcoholic extract in selected bacteria was carrid out.
The results assessed by comparing the zone of inhibition shown by the test drug with standard drug ciprofloxacin at various concentrations , there is no suscepetible results are found. Overall antibacterial action of Shaliparni root and leaves on selected bacteria showed negative results.
2. Trikamji Acharya, publishers Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi.
3. Acharya Sushrut, Sushrut Samhita (2005), with the Nibandhasangraha commentary of ShriDalhanacharya and the Nyayachandrika panjika of Shri Gayadasacharya on
4. Nidanasthana, 8th edi, ed. Vd. Jadavaji Trikamji Acharya & Narayanram
5. Acharya â€œKavyatirthaâ€, publishers Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi.
6. Acharya Vagbhat, Ashtnga Hridayam (2000), with the commentaries â€˜Sarvangasundaraâ€™ of Arunadatta and â€˜Ayurvedarasayanaâ€™ of Hemadri, collected by Dr. Anna
7. Moreswar Kunte, Reprint, publishers Chaukhamba Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi.
8. Acharya Bhavprakash, Bhavapakasha samhita Uttrardha (2003) vidhyotini bhasha tika by Bhishagratna Pandit Shri Brahma Shankara Mishra, publishers Chaukhamba Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi
9. Acharya Sharangdhara, Sharangdgara samhita ,,Jiwanprada hindi commentary by Dr. Smt. Shailaja, publishers Choukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi.
10. Acharya Harit, Harita Samhita (1985), 2nd edi. Guj. Translation by Chhotalal Bhatt, publishers,Sastu Sahitya Vardhaka Karyalaya, Ahmedabad.
11. Material medica of Ayurveda (1980)Vaidya Bhagvan dash Concept publishing company, New Delhi.
12. Indian medicinal plants, by K.K. & Basu.
13. Database on medicinal plants used in Ayurveda and Sidd Vol-2, Central Council for Reserch in Ayurveda & Siddha.
14. Indian materia medica. Nadkami A K 1954, Dr. K.M. Nadkarni's Popular Book Depot, Bombay.
15. The Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India, 1st edi.,Govt. of India, Ministry of Healtlh and Family Welfare, Dept. of Indian Systems of Medicine & Homeopathy, New Delhi. Part â€“ I, Vol-III 4. The wealth of India, Council of scientific & Industrial Reseach, New Delhi. Vol.III.
16. A, C. Ritchie, Bodyâ€™s textbook of pathology,9th edition1990,Pub:Lea &Febiyer Philadephia,London. 16 th,19th Chapt,Page no. 306 ,330 476.
17. K. D. Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology,5th edition, Pub.Jaypee Brothers Medical publishers (p) LTD,New Delhi.page no. 647,648.
18. Jame G. Cappacino Natasherman Experiment no. 43, Microbiology. A Laboratory Manule pub. Person,edi. 2002. Page no. 263
19. S. J. Guer Evaluation techniques in microbiology, cooper & Gunnâ€™s, Tutorial pharmacy plublication CBS plubishers and distributors .Delhi 6th edition 1986 chapter 30th page no. 349.