All skin diseases in Ayurveda are termed as kustha .Vicharchika is a type of kshudra kustha with predominance of kapha dosha. It is a chirakari Vyadhi of the Raktavaha strotas dushti. With increasing modernization, urbanization, altered food habits, stress, lifestyle induced disorders, reduction of satva guna, excessive practice of etiological factors of kustha vyadhi as described in classics worsens oneâ€™s Immunity & increases the incidence of kustha roga. Due to this its prevalence is high in modern civilized developing country like India & at large globally.
In this study sincere attempt has been made to write a review on causative factors of Vicharchika.
2. Ashtanga Sangraha: composed by Vagbhata with Sarvang sundari Vyakhya) Shri Pandit Lalchandra Shastri Vaidya, fourth Edition, Shri Baidyanath Ayurved Bhavan Limit. Nagpur.
3. Amarkosha: Amarsingh Dwitiya Kand, Chaturtha Varga, Varanasi.
4. Charaka Samhita: Aacharya Vidyadhar Shukla & Prof. Ravidatta Tripathi, Chaukhamba Sanskrut Pratishthana, Delhi
5. Kaya Chikitsa: Prof. Vd.Y.G.Joshi, Third Edition, Sou Sampada Shyam Kopardekar, Pune, Sahitya Vitaran, Pune.
6. Madhava Nidan By Aacharya Madhavkar Pranita with Madhukosh-Madhustrava-Bhavarthbodhini vyakhya tryopetam: Aacharya Narendranath Shastri, Reprint 2002, Motilal Banarasidas
7. Text Book of Rognidan â€“ Vikrutividnyan, by VD. Y.G.Joshi Pune Sahitya Vitran, Ed 2000