Please follow the instructions given below before submitting your submissions:
You may submit papers in following subjects:
- Samitha, Rachana Sharir, Kriya Sharir, Swasthavritta, Dravyaguna, Rasashastra, Rog Nidana, Agad Tantra, Prasuti tantra, Kayachikitsa, Yoga & Sidha, Shalyatantra, Shalakyatantra, Kaumarabhritya, Panchakarma
- All submissions should be in the journal format & style, legibly written in good English, comprehensive, concise and complete.
- Prepare the manuscript in Times New Roman font using a font size of 12.
- Title shall be in a font size 14, bold face capitals.
- All Headings in the manuscript shall be in font size 12, bold face capitals.
- Subheading in each section shall be in font size 12, bold face lower case.
- Italic fonts style should not be used in the main text (Except Latin names)
- Devanagari can also be used for Verse (shloka) for ayurvedic references. ( used Font must be Emailed along with)
- Font of Sanskrit, Marathi, Hindi or any Indian language Words should be in Italic style.
- The manuscripts should be checked carefully for grammatical errors.
- Total number of authors not be more than 3.
- Any part of an article critical to the main conclusions must be the responsibility of at least one author.
- All Submissions are referred to peer review.
Types of Manuscripts:
- Format of all Submissions only in Microsoft WORD 2003 OR upper version. PDF format file is not accepted for Publication
- Original Research Papers : page limit-up to 8 pages. Tables and figures : in between 2- 4 mb
- Review articles: Review articles should represent current topics/ health problems. page limit-up to 8 pages.
- Case Reports: page limit-up to 5 pages
- Manuscripts are accepted on the understanding that the authors have obtained the necessary authority for publication.
- Submission of an article to AYURLOG is understood to imply that it has not been either published or not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The author’s permission to publish his/her article in this journal implies exclusive authorization to the publisher to deal with all issues concerning copyright therein.
- Manuscripts with multi authors imply the consent of each of the authors.
- Manuscripts should be neatly typed in only in Times New Roman font of size 12 and heading in bold format , single-spaced throughout, including tables, graphs, figures.
- Manuscript should be uniform size with at least 1 cm margins on all sides.
- Figures should be in JPEG format.
- Please do not put any hyperlinks and footnotes throughout manuscript.
- Manuscript should be starting with the title page and the text should be arranged in the following order:
- Title page, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion or Results and Discussion, References, Acknowledgements, Figure and Table along with titles and legends.
- Complete file should be submitted Online by register yourself on website www.ayurlog.com (After registeration you will get access to submit your articles.)
- The decision to accept a contribution rests with Editor-in-chief and associate editors which reserves the right to make alterations in manuscripts submitted for publication if they do not conform to accepted scientific standard or if they are too repetitive.
- All long papers need sub-headings. The author needs to conform to his/her own area of expertise pertaining to the theory or grounds of knowledge covered, and must incorporate a chronological arrangement of ideas and methods when reporting on the research done.
- The paper must have the following format with all Numerical Headings listed below coming sequentially on separate pages.
- Title must be brief and comprehensively represent the findings and description as written in the abstracts.
- Do not use abbreviations in the title or abstract and limit their use in text.
- Complete Author name/s, (surnames first followed by first name and middle name).
- Do not put Mr., Mrs., and Prof. etc. before names.
- Address of each author with communication details Mobile No., e-mail etc., the author for correspondence & author for reprints must be identified.
- Number all pages sequentially beginning with the title page.
- Not more than 250 words.
- It should be clear and factual in content.
- Abstract must have heads viz. Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Abstract must present Aims, Objects, Observations, Conclusions, main findings and principal conclusions.
- Emphasis may be made on new and important aspects of the study or may highlight some important observations.
- If necessary use general approved abbreviations should be used.
up to 8 keyword
Authors should not break of or hyphenate words.
A concise account or a preview is required from the background of the subject, its significance and its relationships to earlier works clarified with pertinent references. Clearly state the purpose of the article.
Do not review the subject extensively in the introduction.
Material and Methods:
- Should be presented with sufficient clarity and detail. The section of Experimental in Full Length Papers should include concise details on the methodology adopted; sufficiently elaborate to repeat the experiment.
- Data must be adequate and experimental design should be proper and accurate.
- Methods for which adequate references from published work can be cited are not to be described.
- All Physical and Spectral data should be reported.
- Method of Analysis should be validated.
- Experiments on human subjects are to be done in accordance with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) protocol or approved by an Institutional Ethical Committee.
- For the care and use of laboratory animals, the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India and OECD notified guidelines should be strictly followed.
- All possible effort must be made to give mechanism of reactions.
- Use System International (SI) Measurements.
- In case of work related to plant materials, a sample of the authentic materials is to be deposited at any one of the designated institutions and their accession number or a reference of the same be quoted in the manuscript.
- Rationale for selection of certain solvent extracts of herbs/plants along with characterization (by way of spot tests, TLC pattern etc.) of such extracts evaluated for any activity should form part of manuscript.
- Use of positive and negative controls in experiments should be highlighted.
The original and important findings should be stated in a logical sequence. Illustrate the results with figures or tables where necessary, but both must be kept to the minimum. Result must be precise and comprehensive and should not suffer from vagueness.
It should contain a critical review of the results of the study with the support of relevant literature.
Article should have brief conclusion up to 100 words.
- Sources of support in the form of grants, equipment, drugs as gift samples may be included. Only scientific personnel who have made substantial and essential contributions to the study should be acknowledged.
- Authors must state clearly the name and address of the expert (for botanical verification) who has authenticated the plant material, or botanical specimen.
Sequence of "BOOK WITH CHAPTER NAME":
- Name of Editor of Chapter
- Title of the Chapter
- Chief Editor of The Book
- Name of the book
- Edition No.
- City of Publication
- Name of the Publisher
- Year of the Publication
- page No.
Miyano T, Kobayashi H, Chen SC. Long term results of biliary atresia. In: Gupta DK, editor. Text Book of Neonatal Surgery, 1st ed. New Delhi: Modern Publishers; 2000. p. 288-91.
The three main types of electronic sources are:
- Websites or web pages
- Complete works (reports, research papers, online books)
- Journal article on the Internet
- Websites or web pages /Homepage/Web site Cancer-Pain.org [Internet]. New York: Association of Cancer Online Resources, Inc.; c2000-01 [updated 2002 May 16; cited 2002 July 9]. Available from: http://www.cancer-pain.org/. Complete works (reports, research papers, online books)
- Database on the Internet Who's Certified [Internet]. Evanston (IL): The American Board of Medical Specialists. c2000 - [cited 2001 Mar 8]. Available from: http://www.abms.org/newsearch.asp
- Journal article on the Internet : Abood S. Quality improvement initiative in nursing homes: the ANA acts in an advisory role. Am J Nurs [Internet]. 2002 Jun [cited 2002 Aug 12];102(6):[about 1 p.]. Available from: http://www.nursingworld.org/AJN/2002/june/Wawatch.htmArticle
Only on acceptance of the manuscript after peer review, authors will require to pay processing, evaluation, editor’s peer reviewing fee, for which a mail regarding payment details and mode of payment will be communicated to the authors by chief editor of the AYURLOG Journal.