Review on poisonous effects of mushrooms and its treatment
Article pdf download
Publication Certificate


Mushroom species, Mode of action, Mushroom poisoning, Treatment, Prevention, Medico-legal aspect.

How to Cite

Dongre, S. S. (2020). Review on poisonous effects of mushrooms and its treatment. Ayurlog: National Journal of Research in Ayurved Science, 8(01). Retrieved from


The term Mushroom actually refers to the reproductive portion of fungus which grows up from an  underground  mycelium. Certain species of mushrooms are non-poisonous and used as articles of food. Others are poisonous and cases of accidental poisoning occasionally occur from one of the poisonous ones being mistaken for an edible variety. The most frequent form of mushroom poisoning is caused by a wide variety of gastrointestinal irritants. The symptoms usually appear within 20 minutes to 4 hours of ingesting the mushrooms, and include nausea, vomiting, cramps, and diarrhoea, which normally pass after the irritant had been  expelled. Ingestion of even a part of one mushroom of a dangerous species may be sufficient to cause death which may take place in three to six days. The general treatment of mushroom poisoning is symptomatic. We can avoid mushroom poisoning by not eating mushrooms picked from the ground.

Article pdf download
Publication Certificate

I  declare (on behalf of me and my co-authors) that the submitted manuscript titled has not previously been published and is not currently being considered elsewhere for publication in another journal and that I am (we are) the sole owner(s) of the manuscript thereof and of all rights, title, and interest therein. All agreed to the terms and conditions, Privacy Policy, which is declared on Journal Website and online filled (uploaded) form



Download data is not yet available.